About Me

My photo
Officially, I am Boowire Sunny Bay a Welsh Terrier. I think there's some mistake in this name for surely I am Ozymandias King of Kings. Ask my two human servants - they will tell you. For day to day purposes I use the name Archie though for some reason, my servants address me by many different names.

Monday 2 April 2012

On Spring


They say Spring comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion.  It looks like we've had our lamby bit with a week of beautiful sunshine and temperatures of near 20 degrees centigrade.  Alas, my servants have decided to make their first trip in their caravan and I, of course, will be going along to supervise.  Needless to say there's been a dramatic drop in temperature and rain, sleet and snow is forecast - hence the hat!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Spring is being very difficult this year. Sorry that you are still getting snow. But thankfully you are going to be with your servants to make sure they are going to be okay. Maybe the road trip will bring some sun or at least warmer weather. ~Weinerful Gang~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 1: Freezing wind, hail ans snow. Servants fail to level the caravan sufficiently for the gas to work. Fortunately they are capable of plugging into the electricity supply so nice and warm. Their meal is limited to the single electric ring thus chilli con carne but no rice.
    Day 2: The wind continues. Pendlet Hill snow capped. Servants, despite their diets, eat fish and chips on the streets of Clitheroe then abandon walk due to cold. Manservant finally levels caravan and we have gas. Female servant suggests returning home in the morning. Manservant says weather will improve.
    Day 3: Not a cloud in the sky and no wind. Manservant smug. Servants dress in cold weather gear to walk along the River Ribble. Servants have to take off wet weather gear because they're too hot. Manservant gets sunburnt nose and complains that he didn't pack his shorts. I go on strike because I'm too hot and the Ribble hasn't provided me with sufficient quantities of water.
    Day 4: Good Friday and homeward bound. Bank holiday crowds starting to arrive in time for more freezing rain! Such iare the British Isles!

    ReplyDelete